Elias Makes A Return To Moto2 With Aspar

Elias is back in the series that gave him a world title in 2010
Elias is back in the series that gave him a world title in 2010

MotoGP exile Toni Elias will be back on the Moto2 grid next season after being thrown a career lifeline by the Aspar squad and will line-up alongside reigning 125cc champion Nico Terol.

Elias, who was the inaugural champion in 2010, will ride a Suter-chassied bike and managed seventh fastest on the timesheets in a rain-interrupted third day of testing at Valencia.

“I'm really delighted to return to the Aspar Team which is like a family to me because I was there in 2002 and 2003. Many years have passed since then but I'll work with the same technical team, and I know they have great potential. Added to that is the fact the bike is very strong," he said.

“We'll work extremely hard throughout the winter to be ready for next season, and I think we can have a very good campaign. We fought for the title together in 2003 and in the end we weren't able to get it, so we have unfinished business there. This is an added motivation to fight for the title in 2012.”

0 comments: