Aoyama bids farewell to Gresini team

Aoyama bids farewell to Gresini team

aoyama leaves gresini team
Saturday, 15 October 2011

Team San Carlo Honda Gresini rider Hiroshi Aoyama will say goodbye to the team after the 2011 season.

Three races remain in the 2011 season, and the relationship between Hiroshi Aoyama and Team San Carlo Honda Gresini remains positive. Results such as his fourth place finish at Jerez have perhaps been a little too scarce but overall the season has been a satisfactory one for both parties.

Fausto Gresini:
"Our relationship with Hiroshi Aoyama is without doubt one of mutual esteem and respect and I hope that the times spent with Team San Carlo Honda Gresini has helped his career to grow in such a difficult category as MotoGP. Next season he will start a new adventure in World Superbikes . I would like to wish him all the very best and I hope he finds the determination and motivation to win.”

Hiroshi Aoyama:
“Racing in MotoGP over the past two seasons has been a great experience for me. I want to give my sincere thanks to Fausto Gresini and all the staff and engineers at Team San Carlo Honda Gresini for this extraordinary period of my career, as well as all the other people in the MotoGP paddock who have helped and supported me. Now I head for a new challenge in a new championship – World Superbikes – where I hope I can do a really good job with my new team.”

0 comments: